Sunday, August 12, 2018

Expert on my field




Andrés Antivilo
Everyone has someone they admire, like a singer, an artist, a friend and we have our owns reasons for do it.
I’m going to talk about a teacher from my university, I don’t admire him, but I respect him as a person and professional in psychology and his work. Andres Antivilo is a psychologist and a statistical from Universidad de Chile.
Since May 1, 2004, he is a part-time academic at the Department of Psychology of the Universidad de Chile. Also in between 2011 and 2016 he collaborated with the Department of Evaluation, Measurement and Educational Registration (DEMRE). In the field of university management, he was Coordinator of Evaluation and Follow-up in Psychology Career.
I need to be honest, I don’t know anything about his personal life and I’ not his close friend, but I love his classes, the contents and the methods that he uses for teach us as clearly as possible.
The reason I mention him is because I think he is a fantastic teacher, he is charismatic with all the students and in the morning he tries to encourage when they feel tired and he always try to do dynamic classes with games in which we can make points for the next evaluation.
I was surprised when he talks about his collaboration in DEMRE and when he explained the system, the reality of the PSU is horrible, he maintains my opinion about the test, it must be removed and put one that correctly measures the abilities of each student.

1 comment: